Monday, October 3, 2016

How awesome was conference?!?

(Sometimes we ask Brooks questions and he answers them. Here's this week's!)

Mom - How are your clothes holding up? Are your shoes getting worn? Do you need anything sent out to you?

My clothes are handling everything pretty well considering what I put them through. My brown Rockports don't really have any tread left on them so they'll probably have some solid holes by the end of the mission. It's pretty sweet. I don't really need anything shipped out.

Savannah - What was one of your favorite talks from Conference and why?

One of my favorite talks was the one on the Plan of Salvation by Dieter F. Uchtdorf because it was the first talk and I was wide awake for it. It also totally applied to me because I take a lot of things about the gospel for granted, even on a mission. We don't really comprehend how life-changing that knowledge is until we talk with people who don't have it.

Lucas - What is the strangest thing that has happened to you so far?

The tracting experiences I told Dad about last week were super weird, but something really crazy happened this week. We were tracting this trailer park where no one spoke English, and on the way back, we walked by this lady who was carrying one of those trapezoid-ish shaped landscaping stones. She threw it at a car, and it didn't do any damage, so I was wondering if it was on accident, but then she picked it up again and smashed the windshield of the car super hard. So basically she went about destroying the windows of this car, and as we were on our way out, her neighbor (who presumably was the owner of the car) came out of her trailer and started yelling at her. That was pretty intense.

Eli - What do you miss about home?

Not that much, honestly. I miss y'all, and I miss music and most of my friends (heh heh), but I actually like Texas a lot. I've made some really really good friends out here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment