Monday, April 4, 2016

Another week

Stuff in the mission is going pretty good. We're staying way busy.
General conference was probably the best one I've ever seen. Dallin H.
Oaks pretty much slew about half the members of the Church. haha. And
a lot of the talks in priesthood session were probably an "answer to
prayers" for tons of missionaries out there. Everything in it was
pretty super. I felt pretty bad for Thomas S. Monson only being able
to give 2-minute or so talks. I realized, he probably could give
longer talks if he sat down to give them like a lot of the older
Apostles do. He must be making a super conscious choice to stand up in
front of the Church to give his speech. So that's pretty awesome.

No crazy speaking in tongues this week, unfortunately. We did get to
decapitate some chickens for one of the members of the Spanish branch
though. That was awesome. (Warning: use discretion when viewing the
below images of Elder Yanzon and I holding severed chicken heads.)

Other than that, things have been pretty regular. The mission never
really becomes less awesome. It just gets better the more you learn. 2
days ago was my four-month mark but the Sealy area really never gets
old.

I think if there's one thing that I've learned on the mission, or
rather, the thing I've learned that is standing out to me right now is
that God is a real, physical being with a personality and everything.
We could see Him if He allowed it, but He doesn't to preserve our
agency. General conference really helped me see what it means to be a
real, actual child of God. He is real and He is our Father. I always
knew that, but now I KNOW it. I don't know how I came to know it but I
think I have gotten to know God a lot better on the mission. I
certainly hope I have.

I love you all.

Elder Taylor

Pictures: Chicken decapitation and fishing in New Ulm, TX today.





No comments:

Post a Comment